Application deadline for 2019 Homemakers' Scholarship is April 1, 2019.
STILLWATER COUNTY HOMEMAKERS' SCHOLARSHIP
AMOUNT - $1,000.00 awarded during the sophomore year, pending receipt of college transcript and proof of 2nd year enrollment; sent to Stillwater County Extension Office by October 15th of sophomore year.
1. The applicant is to be a high school senior or college freshman. High School student must have acumulative GPA of 2.0 and college freshman must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5.
2. The applicant must have had three years of 4-H, FFA and/or FCCLA membership (any 3 yrs).
3. Recipient must plan to enroll in or be presently attending:
A. In-state school working toward a Bachelor of Art or Science degree.
B. In-state school working toward a program which is 2 or more years in length.
C. Any accredited college in a state bordering Montana working toward a program which is 2or more years in length.
4. High School applicants must send a copy of their senior year 1st semester transcript. Recipient andapplicants currently in college must send a copy of his/her most recent official transcript and classes ofstudy to the Stillwater County Extension Office prior to the issuance of the scholarship check. TheExtension Agent and Council Executive Officers will review a transcript to ascertain that the recipientis continuing toward a degree.
5. Recipient must take at least 12 credits per semester and maintain no less than a 2.5 GPA or itsequivalent. Technical school hours are at the discretion of the board.
FIELDS OF STUDY:
1. Family & Consumer Science or related fields, which may include but will not be limited to: Education,Extension, Foods and Nutrition, Clothing & Textiles, Interior Design, Child Development, HumanDevelopment, Family Life, Consumer Education, Family & Consumer Science in Business, HomeManagement, Institution Management, Community Development, Leadership, Economic Development,Government, Energy and Environment, Health, Older Adults, Home Revitalization, Food Safety.
2. Agriculture or related fields, which may include but will not be limited to: Education, Extension,Animal Science, Farm and Ranch Management, Mechanized Agriculture, Plant, Soil & EnvironmentalScience, Range Science, Ag Business, Entomology, Industrial Arts, Agricultural Land Resources,Veterinary Sciences, Ag Economics, Fish & Wildlife Management, Agro-Security, Plant Pathology,Cropping Systems, Integrated Pest Management, Diagnostic & Testing Management, Water Quality,Natural Resources, Forestry.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 1, 2019. If deadline falls on a weekend, application must be postmarked by the following Monday. The application and enclosures should be in the Stillwater Extension Office, PO Box 807, Columbus, MT 59019-0807 by 5:00 p.m. on APRIL 1, 2019. Additional application forms and other details may be obtained by contacting the Stillwater Extension Office at 322-8035.
HOMEMAKERS' SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Sponsored by the Stillwater County Homemakers
APPLICATION DEADLINE.....APRIL 1, 2019 5:00pm
3 Letters of Recommendation
Copy of High School Transcript (official college transcript for college freshman)
First and Last Name _____________________________Phone Number _________ Parents’Names_____________________________________________________
Street Address _____________________________________________________
City, State, Zip Code ________________________________________________
Name of School ____________________________________________________
High School GPA ___ What college do you plan on attending? __________
What do you plan to major in? ___________________________
If you worked to supplement your income in high school, please list: _________________________________________________________________________
The following questions must be typed on a separate sheet of paper. Please re-state
the question before your answer.
1)Tell us about yourself.
2)Why do you desire this scholarship?
3)What subjects have you liked best?
4)In what clubs and organizations have you been active?
5)Describe school or community volunteer service projects in which you have been involved in and the approximate hours in each area.
6)How long were you a 4H, FFA or FCCLA member? What projects and activities in these organizations were you involved in?
7)Why did you choose your selected major? How is this related to Agriculture or Family and Consumer Science?
If you need more room for any of the answers, please put it on another sheet and enclose it with this application.
Please send completed application form and attachments to the Stillwater County Extension Office, PO Box 807, Columbus, MT 59019-0807.
Stillwater County Homemaker's Club Information
Keep us, oh God, from pettiness,
Let us be large in thought, in word, in deed,
Let us be done with fault finding
And leave off self-seeking. May we put away all pretense
And meet each other face to face,
Without self-pity and without prejudice.
May we never be hasty in judgement
And always generous
Let us take time for all things,
Make us to grow calm, serene, gentle,
Teach us to put into action our better impulses,
Straightforward and unafraid.
Grant that we may realize it is
The little things that create differences.
That in the big things in life we are as one,
And may we strive to touch and to know,
The great; common human heart of us all;
And, oh Lord, let us not forget to be kind.
Minutes of Meeting Outline
The_____________________Club had its meeting on______________,20______ at ___o’clock at _____________________________________________________. The meeting was called to order by _________________________________________. Minutes of the previous meeting were read and approved (with or without correction). There were ______ members present and _____ absent. Number of guests ________. Number of potential new members _______.